INSTRUCTIONS FOR INTRAVENOUS SEDATION OR GENERAL ANESTHESIA
1. DO NOT EAT OR DRINK 8 HOURS PRIOR TO YOU APPOINTMENT. Your previous meal should be light and easily digestible (avoid fried or fatty foods). You may take your prescribed medications with a small glass (8 to 12 oz.) of water 2 hours prior to your appt.
2. Wear loose and comfortable clothing the day of surgery. Short sleeves are required. Wear no make-up and no fingernail polish. Contact lenses may not be worn, bring your glasses.
3. You may, under no circumstances, drive an automobile until 24 hours after the surgery/ anesthesia.
4. Be sure a responsible person comes with you on the day of your surgical appointment. Minors must be accompanied by parents or legal guardian. Plan to have someone stay with you all day after the surgery.
5. If you are taking any prescriptions or non-prescription medications, inform the doctor. You should take your normal medication unless otherwise instructed by your doctor. Take any medication that the doctor has prescribed for you at the designated time.
6. Do not ignore a head or chest cold prior to oral surgery. Call immediately if any symptoms are present: a change of appointment will probably be necessary.
7. Please give us at least 24 hours notice if you cannot keep this appointment
8. Do not exercise the morning of appointment